Book Review: Night Circus


Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern


I don't even know where to begin. This book has it all. Magic? Check. Romance? Uh-huh. Intrigue? You bet! It's a dazzler to say the least. Now, I must admit, I was drawn to this book because since its release, I have heard nothing but praise for Night Circus. Naturally, I had to see what all the fuss was about and can I just say, I am definitely not disappointed.

I loved this book. Granted, it took me a little while to get into the structure but as soon as I grasped that and realised how perfectly this book was put together, I was smitten. The structure is the perfect way to tell this story, but jumping from different protagonists can be a little confusing, so give yourself time if you find you're not quite getting into it, it's well worth it, I promise!

This book left me with uncontrollable smiles, chills and a whole lot more. Beautifully written characters, loveable and hateful alike, make this a story for the ages. It deserves all the love and praise it receives. The take on magic is one I haven't had the pleasure of reading before and the art of the magicians in this book are awe inspiring.

If you have some free time, haven't had a chance to read this book yet, and have an opening in your "to read" list, I highly recommend this beauty. It's probably not the best book to ease back into reading if you haven't flipped through the pages of a book in a while, but if you're a well-versed reader, or up for a challenge, definitely give Night Circus a chance.



Stacey-Lea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author