New Years Resolution: 2015

Bake More.


In total honesty, I'm not one for New Years Resolutions. I think if you want to do something for yourself you should do it, don't wait once a year to make a resolution about it, make a change then and there, go for it, live life, all that sort of stuff. However, something I have been itching to do more of is baking. My mum has never been a baker, so I didn't really grow up around it all that much, except when my Grandma cooked up her homemade fruitcakes at Christmas. I love baking, and cooking for that matter, making up something for yourself is great, and it's a chance to use fresh ingredients and do something for you, but it just takes so long, and who's got the time?! Nonetheless, I bought myself the amazing Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and I'm going to (attempt) to make myself a few little sweets and snacks while I'm at university. We all know this is when free time usually means resting because between university and work, and seeing friends, you haven't got a single minute to yourself until you're sleeping in your bed. 

Nonetheless, fingers crossed, I keep up with this one. It'll sure end up tastier for me in the long run, right?



1 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post! I think baking is such an amazing thing to do!! I love to try new recipes and things like cookies and cakes are perfect because you can share them with friends and family :)
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author